2020 APBVC F.A.Q
Instructions on how to the Zoom app can be found here: https://www.
How to a convert session times into my local time?
Another way is to include the time, for example, “10am ICT time to New York” also works well.
Why hasn't my registration been confirmed?
This may be because:
- the confirmation email has gone to your SPAM folder.
- some orders require manual confirmation from our team, please allow some time.
- the registration process wasn’t completed. After filling out the form in the first step, please then click the “Add to cart” button and then “Proceed to checkout” on the Cart page.
How do I register?
Choose your registration option by clicking on one of the round images at the bottom of the page.
Can I register during the conference?
Yes, you can register up until the last day of the conference. The registration fee is $50 USD. You can donate more, and are greatly appreciated.
How do I add my justice hero virtual background?
- Download from https://www.probonoconference.org/virtual-conference/virtual-conference-justice-heroes/ (find your hero, click to view full size, then right mouse click and save to your computer. On Mac Control-click: Press and hold the Control key when you click on the image.)
- Instructions on how to the Zoom app can be found here: https://www.probonoconference.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Instruction-How-to-use-Zoom.pptx
- More details can be found on the Zoom website click here.
- You can change your justice hero at any time.
Will I receive a certificate? How do I apply for my e-certificate?
To receive an e-certificate you will need to attend at least 10 sessions and participate in the whole session to receive a secret code/password.
Collect 10 codes and the name of the session the code belongs to.
Applications should be made via email to: [email protected]
Will interpretation in my language be available?
While most of the conference sessions will be conducted in English, interpretation for some languages will be available for some of the sessions. The available languages may include:
How do I enable interpretation?
Information on the interpretation languages available for the sessions is on the online agenda. Please note that materials and handouts will be in English language.
Can I join via Zoom app on my phone or browser?
If you have trouble downloading the Zoom app, please visit Zoom Help Center.
How do I join a Session?
- Go to the agenda page here.
- Click on the “JOIN SESSION” button.
- Enter the password you received earlier from our email.
Is there a Networking Lounge?
- Coffee Lounge
- Cocktail Lounge
- Story Board
The networking lounge will always be open. You can hop in whenever you wish!
When is the Cultural Performance?
The performances (lasting 3-5 minutes each) involve participants from each country getting together and preparing a type of song/dance/poem or something else that symbolizes a part of their country’s culture.
We also request that the performance should also be linked to something related to access to justice, or fairness/ethics, and/or the helping others. Read more…
Why do I hear two languages?
In order to listen to the interpreter only, participants have to Mute Original Audio.
Why can’t hear the interpreter?
Make sure you turn on the interpretation feature and select language you would like to listen to. Instructions to enable interpretation can be found here.
Why don’t I have all languages available for interpretation?
Do I need to register separately for each session?
No. You can join any session(s) you like and are free to change the session at any time.
Other technical questions about Zoom
My question isn’t answered
If you cannot find the answer or need technical assistance, you can contact our Help Desk by clicking the ‘Need help?’ tab at the bottom of this page to chat with our team.