The Asia Pro Bono Conference & Access to Justice Exchange is a key event in our region for stakeholders to develop, explore and share pro bono initiatives and projects that strengthen access to justice in Asia and global. Held annually, the APBC&A2JX brings together lawyers, academics, law students, jurists, pro bono professionals, policymakers, civil society and non-profit representatives, and provides a unique platform for you to hear from and engage with your peers, who are inspiring others and positively impacting the lives of some of the region’s most disadvantaged individuals and marginalised communities.
The APBC&A2JX will be an exciting mix of carefully curated plenaries, break-outs, interactive workshop sessions and networking events including APBC&A2JX proceedings and focusing on community capacity building, teaching and the educational aspects of pro bono work, as well as clinical learning for tertiary students and future practitioners. Delegates are encouraged to attend the entire event as it is a once in a year opportunity for participation, collaboration and dialogue.
Whether you are a legal practitioner, academic, student, in business, government or the non-profit sector, your participation and support is welcomed. We invite you to participate in this year’s event and become part of the Asia pro bono movement.
Conference & Exchange Goals
The APBC&A2JX aims to:
- Educate university academics, law students, lawyers, member of the judiciary, pro bono professionals, policymakers, civil society and non-profit representatives about the meaning and concept of pro bono initiatives;
- Demonstrate the importance of pro bono initiatives to achieve greater access to justice for poor, marginalised and disadvantaged communities in Asia and global;
- Foster collaborative ties between Conference participants to conceptualise, design, launch and strengthen pro bono initiatives locally, regionally and globally;
- Demonstrate various models of pro bono initiatives that may be applicable and transferable in Asia and global; and
- Showcase the successful establishment of pro bono initiatives and programmes.
Who Should Attend:
- Lawyers and legal practitioners
- Law professors
- Law students
- The judiciary
- Government officials
- Others from the region, regionally and internationally involved in pro bono and access to justice initiatives
- Explore together with world-class professionals the pro bono initiatives and developments in Asia and around the world
- Network and collaborate with legal colleagues, academics, students and a broad cross-section of stakeholders throughout the region and internationally to discuss, develop and implement pro bono initiatives
- Learn about innovative partnerships and practices that are being effectively implemented, how and why they worked and what lessons they hold for the world
The APBC will be held in person at Landmark Mekong Riverside Hotel, Vientiane, LAOS and virtually through Zoom on September 16-18, 2022. The theme of this year’s conference is “Institutionalizing Pro Bono and Access to Justice Systems”.
In addition, the A2JX will take place virtually through Zoom on September 22-24, 2022.
If you are interested in learning more about how to support or attend the event please use the contact form to message us.
Who are this year’s Conference & Exchange Organisers:
The APBC&A2JX is organised by the team of volunteers from the throughout Asia and globally with the encouragement, support and assistance of the BABSEACLE team.