Call for Presenters and Presentation Submissions
Please note that submissions for participants presenting at the 2019 8th Asia Pro Bono Conference is now closed.
The Conference organizers may be able to select a limited number of additional proposals but this will be decided on a case by case basis. If you are interested in still submitting a proposal please contact the APBC Secretariat at:
Please be aware that for the 2020 9th Asia Pro Bono Conference, to be held in the Philippines, the below process and procedures will apply. Dates to submit presentations for next year’s Conference will be available soon after the completion of the 2019 8th Asia Pro Bono Conference.
Participants interested in presenting or submitting presentations for the Asia Pro Bono Conference can do so in the following manner and subject to the following guidelines:
Session Presentations – Presentations for the event are guided by the existing topics and/or agenda which can be found on this website
The deadline for submitting all presentations is (TBD). Presentations will be review and approved on a rolling admission prior (TBD) and after (TBD) .
The Conference Programme Committee will review all applications and inform applicants if their submission has been accepted onto the programme.
Session presentations will be a shared experience with other persons from the region/internationally who have
If you are interested in presenting at the Conference please send us a brief outline of your topic in 500
How your topic relates to the Conference theme “Justice for All: Empower-Engage-Sustain”.
- Name of presenter
- Title of presenter
- Organization, institution, firm, etc affiliation
- Email address
- Short bio 200 words (related to expertise/experience of the presentation and in the pro bono/A2J field)
- Asia Pro Bono Conference program session topic to be presented on (please be specific and refer to one or more of the titles included on the program)
- A brief description of what you will present on and the initially suggested interactive methodology you intend use
- Experiences you have had presenting on similar previous related sessions and/or presenting in an interactive manner at conferences and/or workshops
Presentations cannot be delivered in a lecture style or simple a powerpoint/lecture style. Rather they must be interactive and what we refer to as “Far Reaching/Flexible/Fun”.
As a means to assist you in this
As we wrote above, the Asia Pro Bono Conference strives to bring greater depth and continuity to existing pro bono initiatives by encouraging creative techniques and attitudes, with the hopes of encouraging new and innovative designs to the international pro bono framework. We are confident that you and your team of co-presenters will succinctly mold and develop upon ideas for your topic to create an interactive session which is both fun and educational.
We would like to suggest the following guidelines when preparing for your session:
- Please avoid the extensive use of PowerPoint slides and absolutely avoid PowerPoint slides with a great amount of text writing.
- Work with your team to generate impactful discussion questions relevant to the topic. Do not be afraid to be provocative and bold, as that is exactly how we want the audience to respond!
- Inject the session with valuable nuggets of information which you envision your session’s participants to take away with them.
- Please remember to apportion a good amount of time for participant interaction.
- The total time given for each session is often 90 minutes.
- We want all our participants to be able to take home practical lessons which they can integrate within their own pro bono initiatives.
Due date: (To Be Determined).
Questions? Please send any inquiries to [[email protected]]
Please note, the Conference is run on a revenue neutral basis. Therefore, all participants including volunteers,
Presenting at the Conference does not, in any way, guarantee a partial fee waiver as partial fee waivers are dependent on an applicant’s financial ability and a shown commitment to pro bono and/or other A2J related initiatives.
*Partial registration waiver fees are available to select persons who can demonstrate financial need and a real commitment to access to justice, pro bono, access to justice initiatives. Applications can be found at:
Click on the icon to submit online