Partial Fee Waiver on Registration
The starting point is that all attendees to the Conference must pay a registration fee, this applies equally to everyone including the volunteer organisers and presenters. This is because the registration fees pay for the costs of running the Conference.
But in recognition that the requirement to pay the full registration fee may cause some attendees financial hardship or otherwise prohibit them from attending and contributing to the Conference, the registration fee in part may be waived on the basis of the attendee’s need and merit (“Partial Fee Waiver”).
The Organizers will consider providing a partial fee waiver to attendees who have both a demonstrated financial need and a history of being involved in pro bono and/or community service projects directed towards helping the poor and marginalized.
The Conference fees will not be waived entirely and will be based upon the
Each year, the Asia Pro Bono Conference is run on a revenue-neutral basis meaning we use any surplus to
The deadline for submitting your partial fee waiver application was
July 31, 2019
Applications are now closed
Please see the criteria below and read carefully before continuing on the application form.
To be eligible for a partial fee waiver for the 8th Asia Pro Bono Conference
- Applicant is involved in pro bono, access to justice and/or community service projects directed towards helping the poor and marginalized.
- Applicant is financially unable to pay the Conference registration fee
- Applicant is a local delegate or regional partner.
- Applicant is able to attend the entire conference.
- Applicant can demonstrate that they have tried to find additional financial support to attend the event. E.g. Fundraising, funding applications etc.
- Applicant has the financial means to provide their own transportation and accommodation costs for the full duration of the Conference.
- If applicant has previously received a waiver to attend the Asia Pro Bono Conference they must be able to demonstrate how attending the Conference impacted their work, and how they continued to strengthen the Pro Bono Movement.
- If applicant has previously received a waiver to attend the Asia Pro Bono Conference they must be able to demonstration how they have reach out to others to attend the conference.
- If applicant attended previous Asia Pro Bono Conference they must demonstrate they fulfilled their pro bono pledges which they made during the event.
Conditions of the fee waiver
- Complete the Conference reflective report and submit by 1 November 2019
- Volunteer at the Conference (you will be contacted close to the time of the Conference with more details of your volunteer role)
Suggestions to fundraise to attend or to attend on a budget
- Ask friends and family or work colleagues to sponsor you to attend
- Check with your university/
organisationif there is any type of funding/grant available to support your attendance
- Set up a GoFundMe campaign (https://www.gofundme.com )
- Reach out to local partners/businesses to explain to them why you would like to attend the Conference and how attending will support the work you are doing and ask for support.
- Host a fundraising event to support your attendance
- Book your flight tickets in advance to get cheaper tickets