11APBC&A2JX Theme : Institutionalizing Pro Bono and Access to Justice Systems
The Asia Pro Bono Conference & Access to Justice Exchange Program Committee is pleased to announce the following session themes for the upcoming Conference on 16-18 September 2022 and Exchange on 22-24 September 2022.
Please note that presentations for the 11APBC (16-18 Sep 2022) are expected to be “in-person” sessions, however, some presenters may attend virtually. All presentations for the A2JX (22-24 Sep 2022) are virtual.
- Access to Justice, Pro Bono and Mediation
- Arts, Culture and Pro Bono Promotion
- Client Centered Lawyering Approaches for Legal Service Providers
- Combating Discrimination Through Pro Bono and other Access to Justice Services
- Combating Gender Based Violence Through Pro Bono and Access to Justice Services
- Combating the Death Penalty Through Pro Bono and other Access to Justice Services
- Cross Border Pro Bono
- Defending Reproductive Rights, Pro Bono and Access to Justice Services
- Developing and Implementing Pro Bono Policies
- Economic Justice and Pro Bono (Economic, Social and Cultural Rights)
- Enabling Pro Bono: Systemic Perspectives
- Engaging Pro Bono Support from the Judiciary
- Engaging Youth and New Actors in Pro Bono Initiatives
- Ensuring Disability Rights Protections Through Pro Bono
- Expanding the Asia Pro Bono Roundtable Network
- Inclusive Pro Bono
- Institutionalizing Pro Bono and Access to Justice Systems
- Justice Education and Pro Bono
- Juvenile Justice Pro Bono
- Legal Empowerment and Pro Bono Synergy
- Legal Ethics, Professional Responsibility, Pro Bono and Access to Justice
- Para-legalism Pro Bono
- Pro Bono and Access to Justice for Refugees and Forcefully Displaced Persons
- Pro Bono and Access to Justice Public-Private Partnerships
- Pro Bono and Access to Justice Reporting Mechanisms
- Pro Bono and Ageing Populations
- Pro Bono Assistance for the Marginalized and Vulnerable
- Pro Bono Awareness – Celebrating and Inspiring Pro Bono Culture Development
- Pro Bono Capacity Building
- Pro Bono Strengthening Through Multi-Sector Engagement
- Pro Bono Support for Climate Justice
- Pro Bono Support for People Who Use Drugs
- Public Interest Law/Strategic Litigation Pro Bono
- Social Enterprise Law Firm Models
- Strengthening Pro Bono Through Technology
- Sustainable Pro Bono and Access to Justice Systems
- The Fundamentals of Pro Bono Services and Systems
- The History of Pro Bono
- The Impact of Pro Bono on the Sustainable Development Goals/Goal 16
- The Intersection and Differences between Pro Bono and Legal Aid
- The Role of Bar Associations in Supporting Pro Bono
- Other Suggested Presentation Topics Related to the Conference Theme
Call for Presentation Sessions
The APVC&A2JX Program Committee is seeking participants interested in presenting or submitting presentations on any of the above topics that connect to our Conference theme.
Please use this form if you would like to submit a stand-alone, interactive session, and/or you have an expression of interest to join another presenter’s session, at the upcoming 11th Asia Pro Bono Conference (16-18 Sep 2022) and/or the Access to Justice Exchange (22-24 Sep 2022).
The deadline for submitting a session application is 13 June 2022. (The 13 June 2022 deadline is firm.)
Session presentations must be either 90 minutes, or 120 minutes and must use interactive presentation methods to be accepted.
All stand-alone session applications must use the APBC&A2JX Session Presentation Plan Template Form, downloadable at this weblink.
Note: No individual can be listed as a presenter for more than two (2) Presentation Submissions.